Manuka honey is a nutritiously rich honey produced by bees that only collect pollen from the Manuka Bush - a tough, hardy, evergreen known for its medicinal, therapeutic and aromatic uses. As a result, manuka honey packs a real punch with its various medicinal applications including antibacterial and antiviral properties as well as many other unexpected health benefits - Learn all about manuka honey in our article: Manuka Honey? From New Zealand? What is this Delicious, Medical Grade Honey all about!? Health Benefits, Uses, Smoothie Recipes and more... (opens in new tab).
The 5 Best Manuka Honey Smoothies
If you like honey and haven't already heard of Manuka Honey then boy have we got a deliciously sweet surprise in store for you today with our Manuka honey smoothies!
Being such a potent ingredient with a fantastically rich and complex flavour, it's obvious to see how manuka honey can be used to work wonders in our smoothies! For those familiar with the sweet, rich, nectar prepare to be left with your mouth watering and taste buds tingling as we bring you the 5 best manuka honey smoothie recipes for you to try!
Manuka Honey Smoothie Recipe #1
What are you waiting for!?
Let us know in the comments below!
~The Healthy Juice & Diet Life~
Banana, Orange & Raspberry Delight Smoothie Recipe - For Digestive and Cardiovascular Health Benefits
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup skimmed milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon good honey
- 1-3 cups of ice (according to preference)
- A nutritionally packed, refreshing blast to energise and boost immunity. A healthy source of essential ingredients with a range of vitamins and minerals such as B6 and Vitamin C
- Potassium has been linked with maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function. Diets rich in foods containing potassium significantly lowers the risk of stroke
- Fiber content promotes cardiovascular health
- Natural antacid effect protects against stomach problems including ulcers and ulcer damage
- Bananas stimulate the cells that create the protective lining in the stomach
- Bananas contain tryptophan, an amino acid which is used to produce serotonin - this plays a significant role in regulating digestive function and intestinal movement
- Anthocyanins in raspberries help inhibit growth of certain bacteria and fungi in the body such as Candida albicans, which contributes to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and vaginal infections
- Raspberries are also a great source of phytonutrients and antioxidants including ellagic acid, a tannin that helps to prevent free radical cell damage and is known to slow tumor growth
- A refreshing, daily smoothie
- Cardiovascular / Digestive health particularly those with digestion or gut problems
- Boosting immunity
- Regulating blood pressure
- Improved mineral and nutrient absorption
- Kidney health
- Weight loss
Trusted informative nutritional articles, product reviews, diet management tips and tricks, mouth-watering juice and smoothie recipes and all things health!
Use the Categories below to find our most recent articles, recipes and product recommendations for each subject category.
All Drinks Recipes
All Juice Recipes
All Juicer Reviews
All Product Reviews
All Smoothie Recipes
Blood Pressure & Cholesterol Recipes
Books & DVDs
Brain Power & Cognition Recipes
Breville Juicer Reviews
Dieting & Weight Loss
Diverticulitis / Diverticulosis
Healthy Gift Baskets
Healthy Gift Ideas
Healthy Skin Recipes
HJDL Guide Gift Baskets
HJDL Guide - Health Retreats
HJDL Guide Home Gym
Immunity & Health Booster Recipes
Juice Fountain Range
Juicing Recipe Books
Metabolism & Nutritional Uptake Recipes
System Flush & Detox Recipes
Weight Loss Recipes