Manuka honey is a nutritiously rich honey produced by bees that only collect pollen from the Manuka Bush - a tough, hardy, evergreen known for its medicinal, therapeutic and aromatic uses. As a result, manuka honey packs a real punch with its various medicinal applications including antibacterial and antiviral properties as well as many other unexpected health benefits - Learn all about manuka honey in our article: Manuka Honey? From New Zealand? What is this Delicious, Medical Grade Honey all about!? Health Benefits, Uses, Smoothie Recipes and more... (opens in new tab).
The 5 Best Manuka Honey Smoothies
If you like honey and haven't already heard of Manuka Honey then boy have we got a deliciously sweet surprise in store for you today with our Manuka honey smoothies!
Being such a potent ingredient with a fantastically rich and complex flavour, it's obvious to see how manuka honey can be used to work wonders in our smoothies! For those familiar with the sweet, rich, nectar prepare to be left with your mouth watering and taste buds tingling as we bring you the 5 best manuka honey smoothie recipes for you to try!
Manuka Honey Smoothie Recipe #1
What are you waiting for!?
Let us know in the comments below!
~The Healthy Juice & Diet Life~
Avocado, Pineapple & Banana in a Coconut Paradise Mix-Up. A Hugely Healthy Superfood Smoothie Recipe!
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup water (vary according to consistency preference)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 avocado
- 1-2 pinches of fresh grated ginger
As well as being rich in nutrients such as Vitamin C and fiber, as well as trace elements manganese and copper, pineapples contain bromelain - an enzyme with many great health benefits including the digestion of proteins and anti-cancer properties. It is fantastic in the treatment of digestive disorders, improved surgery recovery times, sinus infection control and reducing joint pain.
To get an appreciate of just how nutritionally dense Avocados are, here is a breakdown of a typical 100g (3.5 Oz) serving.
- Vitamin B5: 14% of RDA.
- Vitamin B6: 13% of RDA.
- Vitamin C: 17% of RDA.
- Vitamin E: 10% of RDA.
- Folate: 20% of RDA.
- Vitamin K: 26% of RDA.
- Potassium: 14% of RDA.
- Also trace amounts of of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, Vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin) and B3 (Niacin).
High in potassium and loaded with monounsaturated fatty acids (mostly Oleic acid). Oleic acid has been linked to beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer and reducing inflammation. Avocados are also high in both soluble (25%) and insoluble (75%) fiber and are great in the treatment of digestive problems.
The health benefits of Avocados really are astonishing with benefits ranging from Cardiovascular and Cholesterol effects, Anti-cancer properties, Weight Loss, Antioxidants, Eye and eyesight improvements, Nutrient uptake and many more. In the coming weeks we will be releasing a dedicated article on avocados and their immeasurable health benefits. We will link this HERE once published.
- Digestive and Gut Problems
- Healthy Skin and Anti-aging Properties
- Cholesterol and Blood Pressure Management
- Detox and Metabolism Boosting
- Immunity Booster
- Weight Loss
Intolerant to Certain Ingredients?
Just bear in mind that the final result itself may have varying consistency to your expected smoothies and juices without the usual mass and plant matter going in - but for the positives it's worth it.
Here are some great supplementary options and alternative sources to turn to if you suffer the above. To be taken alongside your smoothie mix, or added as an ingredient, depending on the product.
Banana, Orange & Raspberry Delight Smoothie Recipe - For Digestive and Cardiovascular Health Benefits
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup skimmed milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon good honey
- 1-3 cups of ice (according to preference)
- A nutritionally packed, refreshing blast to energise and boost immunity. A healthy source of essential ingredients with a range of vitamins and minerals such as B6 and Vitamin C
- Potassium has been linked with maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function. Diets rich in foods containing potassium significantly lowers the risk of stroke
- Fiber content promotes cardiovascular health
- Natural antacid effect protects against stomach problems including ulcers and ulcer damage
- Bananas stimulate the cells that create the protective lining in the stomach
- Bananas contain tryptophan, an amino acid which is used to produce serotonin - this plays a significant role in regulating digestive function and intestinal movement
- Anthocyanins in raspberries help inhibit growth of certain bacteria and fungi in the body such as Candida albicans, which contributes to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and vaginal infections
- Raspberries are also a great source of phytonutrients and antioxidants including ellagic acid, a tannin that helps to prevent free radical cell damage and is known to slow tumor growth
- A refreshing, daily smoothie
- Cardiovascular / Digestive health particularly those with digestion or gut problems
- Boosting immunity
- Regulating blood pressure
- Improved mineral and nutrient absorption
- Kidney health
- Weight loss
Trusted informative nutritional articles, product reviews, diet management tips and tricks, mouth-watering juice and smoothie recipes and all things health!
Use the Categories below to find our most recent articles, recipes and product recommendations for each subject category.
All Drinks Recipes
All Juice Recipes
All Juicer Reviews
All Product Reviews
All Smoothie Recipes
Blood Pressure & Cholesterol Recipes
Books & DVDs
Brain Power & Cognition Recipes
Breville Juicer Reviews
Dieting & Weight Loss
Diverticulitis / Diverticulosis
Healthy Skin Recipes
HJDL Guide - Health Retreats
Immunity & Health Booster Recipes
Juice Fountain Range
Juicing Recipe Books
Metabolism & Nutritional Uptake Recipes
System Flush & Detox Recipes
Weight Loss Recipes